Omg I can’t believe I’ve been nominated for an award it’s so exciting and sweet and wonderful! I was nominated by the wonderful Lisa over @ Nefarious Reader. She’s new to the blogging world but you would definitely not know that she writes like a seasoned pro so go check her out!
★ Acknowledge the blog that nominated you and display the award.
★ Answer the 11 questions that the blog gives you.
★ Give 11 random facts about yourself.
★ Nominate 5-11 blogs that you think are deserving of the award that have less than 200 followers.
★ Let the blogs know you have nominated them.
★ Give them 11 questions to answer.
- Why did you start this book blog? I really enjoy reading and since it can be rather a solitary task I was looking for a hobby where I can continue my love of reading but still meet new people. This blog has helped me not only find new and great books to read but has also introduced me to a lot of wonderful people and has helped me feel part of a community.
- What’s your next read? I am a mood reader so I tend to start a bunch of different novels and then just stick with whatever catches my interest in the moment. If I had to guess I would say I’m most likely to finish The Bruel Coven while also really diving into Replica
- Who’s your favourite book girlfriend? Hmmm I’ve gotta go with my girl Ginny. Even though we don’t get to see her too much in the girlfriend role she was also supportive and brave making her the perfect match to Harry. Plus she always continued to be her own person despite her crush and eventual relationship with Harry.
- Which bookish place would you like to go? That’s a toss up between Hogwarts and Neverland. I love the idea of being a witch and learning magic but I also love the thought of never having to grow up hahaha but I would miss my family a lot so Hogwarts would ultimately be the best fit for me.
- Weirdest character in a book? Is it bad that I am totally blanking on this one? Honestly, no one is coming to mind at that moment.
- How many books do you own? On my physical shelf I’ve got maybe 50 which isn’t too bad at all. I try to donate when I pick up something new so basically whatever is on my shelf is something I really really love. On my tablet I would say probably around 30 also not too bad considering it can hold a lot more. Most of my tablet books are ARCs though so they get deleted once the book comes out.
- What is the prettiest book you own? (+ picture maybe) It’s a toss-up between a few different leather bound bargain titles from Barnes and Noble but I’m gonna go with Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland
- How do you know what to read next? Like I said before I’m a mood reader so I don’t really know what to read next when I finish something. Typically I start a few different books pick one that really speaks to me read it through and start the process over again. Sometimes when I finish one book of a particular genre I find myself wanting to read a completely different genre so that makes the pickings a little easier.
- What makes you hate a book? I tend to be pretty character driven so usually my DNF pile is composed of books with characters that were way too flat. I need to feel a pull toward at least one main character in order to have a book work for me. Of course setting also plays a big part especially in fantasy books I need to be sold on the setting.
- What makes you love a book? Characters that I can’t get out of my head make for great books. Also an engaging plot but that’s more secondary for me as when I start a book I want to be invested in the characters.
- What is the coolest title in a book you have read recently? In the Hope of Memories. This title was really clever because it was about a girl named Hope who had died and her friends went on a scavenger hunt to honor her memory and to keep Hope alive both literally and figuratively).
- I can play the flute, saxophone and the xylophone
- I originally planned to study Music Education at college but then switched to English Literature
- I am left-handed
- I have an obsession with stuffed animals. If it’s cute fluffy and fun colored I must have it
- I want to live in Storybrook (yes I mean the town from Once Upon a Time lol)
- My favorite place to vacation is Disney World (I haven’t been there since high school but I’m definitely taking my son there soon)
- My favorite non-animated film is The Princess Bride (I’ve never read the book though shame on me)
- I am super paranoid about being late I have to be at appointments I least a half hour before schedule
- I’m currently obsessed with American Authors
- If I could be a character from any book I would want to be Mare from Red Queen (what can I say I love Maven and Cal lol)
- My favorite Disney Princess is Rapunzel she’s sweet, talented and a dreamer
Nominees and Questions
I am going to nominate everyone who hasn’t already done this. I’m not sure how many followers everyone has but I will call out a few specific people:
Monique @That Wild Soul
Katie @Kate’s Jumbled Thoughts
As for the questions:
- Coke or Pepsi
- What fantasy world would you want to live in?
- Least favorite book character?
- Ideal vacation spot?
- One book you recommend to everyone?
- Most memorable book character?
- Most over-hyped book you’ve read?
- Why did you start blogging?
- What book got you hooked on reading?
- Favorite movie?
- Character you want to trade places with?
Thank you again for the nomination!!!