Hosted by the lovelies over at The Broke and the Bookish comes one of my favorite weekly memes, Top Ten Tuesday.
Today’s topic is: Ten Childhood Characters You’d Love To Revisit As Adults (i.e. a novella or something to see what they grew up to be) — you could always just pick YA characters you’ve read recently you wouldn’t mind revisiting in 10 years or so. Or you could pick 10 characters and guess what you think they’d be doing in 10 years or 20 years. OR you could go the other way and wish for coming of age stories for adult characters you love.
1. Max from Where the Wild Things Are: I’ve been reading this one on a regular basis due to my 3 year old’s love of monsters and being a crank (like Max hahaha). I’m really curious to see how Max progresses through his teens and into adulthood.
2. The kids from The Boxcar Children: Does anyone know what happened to them? I would love to pay them a visit and see if they’re still solving mysteries and how they moved into adulthood.
3. Jess and Elizabeth from Sweet Valley High: Oh my god I loved these girls and I especially loved their mystery books. Who was your favorite Jess or Elizabeth? I think I’m more an Elizabeth but I def would not have dated Todd he was a bore.
4. Nobody Owens from The Graveyard Book: Neil Gaiman is an amazing author who develops amazing characters and Nobody us no exception. I mean the kid grew up in a graveyard raised by a vampire, you don’t get much cooler than that!
5. Alice from Alice in Wonderland: I can’t be the only one who has been dying to know what her life was like after traveling to Wonderland and then coming back here to our oh-so-boring world. Do you think she met Wendy and they were able to trade stories and become lifelong BFF’s (that’s what I’m hoping anyway).
6. The boys from Lord of the Flies: They did some dastardly stuff on that island and I am fascinated to know what happened after, did they keep in touch? Go on to college? Form a cult? Who knows the possibilities are endless.
7. The Pevensie kids from The Chronicles of Narnia: Edward was my hero (mainly because of the movies) and I want to know what him and the others are up to.
8. The ladies of Pretty Little Liars: I know we sort of get a peak if you watch the tv show but I would love to know what Sara Shepard had in mind for them as adults.
9. Katniss and Peeta from The Hunger Games: I love love love the two of them (especially Peeta, totally swooning right now).And I want to know more about their babies, like what do you think their names are? I like to think their daughter is named Prim.
10. Audrey from Finding Audrey: As a sufferer from Generalized Anxiety disorder Audrey is my hero. And I would love to see how she does in college and “the real world” plus I like to think that her and Linus make beautiful babies and grow old together.
So there you have it the ten characters I would love to visit. Please let me know who you want to visit? Are there any adults you wish had a book out about their childhood? I’m gonna have to think about that one….
Thanks for visiting!